Mashed Potatoes with Leeks
5 medium potatoes -- peeled
2 medium leeks ( white and pale green parts only ) -- thinly sliced
3 tablespoons fresh cream
salt and white pepper -- to taste
2 tablespoons butter
1. Wash leeks very well in running water. Drain in a colander.
2 Melt 1 T butter in a saucepan and add leeks. Cook until wilted.
3. Stir in potatoes. Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add 1 cup boiling water and simmer covered until potatoes are almost cooked.
6. Uncover pan and continue cooking until all liquid has evaporated.
7. Mash potatoes and leek , add 1 T butter and mesh some more, Stir in cream.